Thursday, April 28, 2011

Five Reasons I'm Less Than Excited About Fast Five

1). Nobody should ever be excited about a Vin Diesel movie. (XXX is the cutoff point)

2). Paul Walker’s in it. That fact in itself immediately removes me from the experience. If I can avoid it, I don’t pay movie theater prices for straight-to-dvd caliber actors.

3). It’s a series of movies about street racing that’s less and less about street racing.

4).  Dwayne Johnson’s two one dimensional action roles away from being eligible for starring in the next Expendables movies.

5). Fast Five is a stupid title and kind of indicative of the whole “churn another cash cow out to make some more money off the unwashed” vibe this whole project seems to carry.

I mean, I’ll probably watch it and I’m sure it’ll be a decent movie. It’ll just be a decent and unnecessary movie like Transporter 3 and Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle.

No comments:

Post a Comment