Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sneak Peek of Awesome Shit

Okay, so those of you that don't already know (which, apparently, is several of you) deserve to know what I've been up to that has taken me away from writing as much content as I used to. Well...aside from writing for Black Nerd Problems. Here's a sneak peek of my upcoming webcomic, Neverland: The Untold. The art comes compliments of none other than Katie Coats, who is a dear friend and an incredible talent. She approached me with these old sketches she'd done in college of Peter Pan and the Darling family. I was immediately smitten with her vision and unearthed some old notes I'd jotted down ages ago. I pitched her for the hell of it and we decided we had something here.

Basically, it's reimagining of Peter Pan that offers some modern sensibilities to some time honored characters. I've always been in love with the Neverland mythos, but one thing that has always bothered me is how racially problematic some aspects are. I mean, there were whooping, hollering, feather-wearing savage "indians" in the stories. Aside from that, the stories are extremely white. I wanted to tell THIS story, but if I was going to tell it, I wanted brown faces to look at while I do.
Anyway, Katie posted the initial pencils for the first couple of pages on Twitter so I figured I'd share them here with you guys. The official website will be up soon, but until then bare with me since I probably won't be as consistent with content as I've previously been. Looking forward to you all seeing what we have coming.

4 comments:

  1. Who what a post, I haven't seen yet like this. Look here what i found a genuine Google Play gift cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. สมัคร Pg Slot การเล่น สล็อต สมัครง่าย ผ่านระบบอัตโนมัติ 3 วินาที ทำให้ทุกคนเพลินใจ ไปกับการเล่น สล็อต ได้ทุกหนทุกแห่ง ส่วนกระบวนการลงทะเบียน เป็นสมาชิกนั้น ไม่ยุ่งยาก ททางเว็บ

    ReplyDelete