Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Week In Geek 1/20/19

It'll be like my Senior Prom...except my date won't leave me to
ride home in the back of another couple's van. Good times.
This Week in Gaming.... So, anyone that keeps up with me on Twitter knows that I've recently purchased a Playstation 4 and, with it, Destiny, the MMO shooter everyone's talking (or whining) about. For someone who hasn't owned a console in more than ten years, this has basically been the equivalent of me plugging into the Matrix. As you can tell from my posts on comics, I read heavily about anything I get into, so yeah....expect a lot of gaming posts to come this year.  
So Destiny. This week, Bungie announced (on Reddit **shudder**) a new event for Valentine's Day which includes a party in the Tower, the game's social hub (which, I should mention, is the most awkward place to try and communicate with other people), some fixes and improvements that will come with next month's update and a special new 2v2 battle in the Crucible (the game's PvP mode). I can only assume this is to pacify the fans who have been complaining that there haven't been any major events such a new strikes or items since The Taken King expansion in October. I also have to say I found it odd that Bungie would announce love is in the air on the same social networking site where nude pics of every celebrity that's ever sexted were leaked and circulated last year. Hopefully, this is the start of Bungie getting a little more improvisational and learning to fully embrace the inherent outlandishness of the MMO crowd they're trying to unite with the FPS crowd they already have. Or maybe what half the internet is saying is true and Bungie is totally just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. Who knows?

My reviews for the week on Batman and Tokyo Ghost are up and available on Black Nerd Problems as usual. Feel free to read, comment and share as usual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment