Saturday, October 3, 2015

The Week In Geek 9/30/15

So, This Week In MCU Excess.... The new rumor is that ABC is planning to make a comedy show based on Damage Control, the construction crew that ends up having to clean up after superhuman attacks. This has a 50/50 shot of either being outstanding or terrible. I mean, sure, Agent Carter was pretty much a win across the board, but Agents of SHIELD is pretty damn entertaining NOW, but it took them a long time and the best movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Winter Soldier) to get there. It's nice that Marvel is branching out to infuse live action comedy in their Unstoppable Fan Service Engine, but it's still pretty dicey.


This Week In Female Solo Titles.... Mark Waid and Chris Samnee are going to be dearly missed on Daredevil, but it's awesome that they're going to be working on the new Black Widow series under the "All New All Different Marvel" banner. It's awesome that BW is finally getting some A list talent on one of her books. Don't get me wrong; I've enjoyed the previous runs that I've read and I appreciate that they lended a hand in expanding her backstory a bit, but they've started hitting a lot of the same beats reminiscent of the Avengers movies ("I've got red in my ledger") and it'll be nice to see some fresh eyes on this project.

This week in Music Saving the World.... Erykah Badu covered Drake's "Hotline Bling" and Childish Gambino covered Tamia's "So Into You." I don't really have any commentary about that. I just kinda wanted to put you people onto some good music.

My comic reviews for the week on Ghost Racers and Batman Annual #4 are available on Black Nerd Problems for your viewing pleasure. Also, don't forget the latest page in my ongoing webcomic series, Neverland: The Untold. As always, feel free to like, comment and share at your leisure.

No comments:

Post a Comment