Saturday, August 29, 2015

The Week in Geek 8/26/15

So, This Week in Things The Nerd Sites Aren't Talking Nearly Enough About, Marvel just signed Ashley A. Woods, a woman of color. Now, it could very well be that this is in response to the somewhat deserved (and maybe not completely deserved) backlash they've received about not having as much black talent as they could. But honestly, a step in the right direction is a step in the right direction. And after seeing a sample of her work from Niobe, the comic she's doing with Rue from the Hunger Games, this is an impressive step in the right direction. I would direct you to more of her work, but apparently, her site is down due to all the traffic she's gotten since the announcement, so yeah, there's that.

And This Week In The Internet, anytime you feel down, any moment you feel as though life is giving you entirely too much burden to bare, watch this and I guarantee you will instantly feel better about your own bullshit. This happened for me. It will happen for you.

Also, This Week In Promoting My Own Shit, I was very happy to announce that my webcomic, Neverland: The Untold, is scheduled for its debut on September 15th. Katie Coats and I are unbelievably excited to be sharing this story with you guys. We promise to try and keep it as compelling as possible for you. The first story is unlike anything else I've ever tried my hand at. The website is just about finished, so thank you for all the email inquiries. We'll start building a database so I can keep you guys updated on everything including, events, new pages, fan art, etc. Thank you all for the outpour of support going into September. It means more to us than we can express. 



My review on David Walker's EXCELLENT Cyborg solo comic is up and available on Black Nerd Problems for your viewing enjoyment. Feel free to read, comment, share at your leisure as always. You know the drill.

No comments:

Post a Comment