Saturday, March 21, 2015

Another "Neverland" Sneak Peek....


So, I know I haven't been around, but I have been working very hard on Neverland: The Untold...which should be coming to you very soon. Katie Coats is, as we speak, drawing her ass off, working on Issue 1, so you'll know as soon as we're ready to go. Until then, here's another sneak peek at what we're up to.



I definitely wanted to create a Captain Hook that sort of has a signature look and feel all his own. Hook being one of my favorite films, I definitely loved the idea of him being this gentleman pirate who is sort of a learned man leading an army of brutes and cutthroats. The original idea for his look was inspired by Freddie Mercury. This will be much more apparent in other scenes when he's not wearing his wig (Yes, that's a wig). There are also times when he invokes Prince and Michael Jackson in his attitude and swagger. The script often plays him straight while the look is definitely that of an extravagant rock star. Expect even more twists and new takes on old characters. I'm working on the website as we speak so keep a look out.

In the meantime, as always, you can still find my comic reviews for the week on Black Nerd Problems. This week, I took a look at Batman Eternal and All New X-Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment