Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Week In Geek 11/12/14

My reviews for the week are available on Black Nerd Problems for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to love them, hate them, comment, share them as you so please. This week, I took a look at....

Batman: The Joker's return is likely the best highlight of the week. Snyder is leaving a terrific and unique fingerprint on the Batman mythos that we'll be talking about in ten years guaranteed, but more importantly, as a Superman fan, I have to point out that Batman said it himself, "If Superman wanted to kill you, there's probably nothing that could stop him." There. He admitted it. He said it himself. It's officially canon.

Batman Eternal: I have to say I do love the New 52 idea of the Spoiler, a kid who deals in information throughout Gotham, stays a step ahead of everyone (including Batman) and feuds with her C-list supervillain father. That said, I really enjoyed her teaming up with Batman to throw down against Hush only to pull Batman's own disappearing trick in him.

Thor: I love that the Thor's ancient magic hammer basically comes with built-in tutorials and helps you learn how to use it. Also, I'm sticking firm to my theory that the new Thor is actually Odinson's SHIELD agent girlfriend, Roz Solomon, but listen, guys, don't start emailing me the plotholes in my theory. It's just a theory. Besides, plotholes or not, there's precedent for EVERYTHING in the comics.

Axis : I don't even have notes on this book. It's getting worse and worse by the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment